Thank You Grade 6’s

Class Picture 2010-2011

Words are hard to find when explaining how much I have enjoyed working with you this year. If my future grade 6 classes are half as responsible and care about the world around them in the same you have, I’ll be a lucky teacher. Two of the most powerful experiences we had this year were our We Day experience and subsequent campaigns to create awareness on Children’s Rights issues, and our adoption of restorative circles. We didn’t really get to the restorative part in the same way I had hoped, but I think that’s because you were such a respectful group in the first place. Circles allowed me to get to know you more and understand your backgrounds. They also helped build a classroom community like no other I have experienced. I was very proud of all of you on graduation day. In fact, you all looked incredible well-dressed and so grown-up. I hope you’ll look back on your grade 6 year with only positive thoughts. Have a great summer and enjoy middle school. Please stay in touch as much as you can.

Enjoy the Video:

Much Love

Mr. Lister

2 thoughts on “Thank You Grade 6’s