Thank you so much for all your hard work with our We Scare Hunger campaign. It was such a phenomenal success. In fact, I can picture the visual of the all the cans lined up on the bottom floor of the building. What a sight! You collected over 950 items of non-perishable food and donated it the Chilliwack Food Bank. You really are the Social Change!
We Create Change
Campaign Goal: To help Free The Children provide a permanent source of clean drinking water for 100 000 people in the world.
Our Goal: To provide 4 people with a permanent source of clean drinking water by collecting 10 000 pennies.
- 2 500 pennies provide 1 person with clean drinking water for life
- Start to collect pennies from home
- Participate in school fundraising ideas – movie night and popcorn
- Start your own fundraising – How about a bake sale?
Facts about water from Water.org
- Every day, women around the world spend a cumulative total of 200 million hours collecting water for their families
- Every 20 seconds, a child dies from a water related illness (water.org)
- 780 million people around the world do not have access to clean water. That is approximately 25 times the number of people living in the whole of Canada. (water.org)
- 3.4 million people die each year from water related diseases (water.org). That is more than the total number of people in living from Vancouver to Hope
- 8 out of 10 illnesses in developing countries are linked to unclean water and sanitation
Remember, it’s our responsibility to care for those less fortunate than ourselves. The time to start this important work is now, not tomorrow, not next week, not next year, but NOW!