Green Party Candidate – Kimberlee Reimer

Kimberlee Reimer stopped by the school today to present the Green Party platform to our students.  Below is a video of the presentation along with 10 facts on why students should vote for the Green Party on student vote day, May 13th.

1. For the environment

2. No to the incinerator

3. No to Kinder Morgan pipeline

4. Increase funding for schools in the form of helping staff and teachers

5. Will work towards removing chlorine from Chilliwack’s water

6. Wants social and gender equality

7. Increase numbers of doctors and nurses, and increase funding for homecare services

8. Able to be independent of the party to meet Chilliwack’s needs

9. More farming, and to encourage local produce instead of shipping food in from other countries

10. Will reduce BC’s ecological footprint by creating rapid transit to encourage people to leave their cars behind, and increase the carbon tax

11. Wants to decrease the cost of college and university

2 thoughts on “Green Party Candidate – Kimberlee Reimer

1. I voted for the BC Green Party because I think they will lead well. One of the reasons that I voted for them is that they are against the oil pipeline from Alberta through BC. I am against the pipeline because I think it will hurt our environment. The second reason that I voted for them is that they don’t want the incinerator in Vancouver. I don’t want the incinerator because it will pollute BC’s air. The last reason I voted for them is because they will put more money into the education budget. I want more money into schools because I think we need more E.A’s and special help teachers. If the Green Party gets elected they will do a great job of governing BC.

2. The first reason I voted for the BC Green Party because she is going to take the chlorine out of Chilliwack’s water. The second reason I voted for the BC Green Party because she is not going to put the oil pipeline in. The third reason why I voted for the BC Green Party is because she is not going to keep the incinerator. The fourth reason why I voted for the BC Green Party is because she wants to make university/college cheaper I think that the BC Green Party will do well for are province and that they care about the environment.