John Martin stopped by the school today to present the BC Liberal Party platform to our students. Below is a video of the presentation along with 9 facts on why students should vote for the Liberal on student vote day, May 13th.
1. Reduce British Columbia’s debt
2. No to the incinerator
3. Is for the pipeline from Alberta to BC but with safety conditions in place first
4. Wants to see results rather than just pumping extra money into healthcare
5. Slowly increase the cost of higher education – college/university
6. Aboriginal communities need to be consulted before before pipeline decisions are finalized
On Monday May 13th you will be joining tens of thousands of students by voting in Student Vote’s 2013 Student Provincial Election and by doing so choose a new leader of British Columbia. The student election run by Student Vote simulates what it would be like to participate in a real election.
Remember it’s your Right and your Responsibility to vote! Let your voice be heard and have your say!
The school is located in the Chilliwack electoral riding. Below is a map of British Columbia broken up into small, more managable, areas called ridings