We Scare Hunger – October 31st Information

Dear Parents/Guardians,

As you are hopefully aware, students of our school have been collecting non-perishable food items all month as part of a campaign to address hunger issues in Chilliwack. We Scare Hunger was created by Free The Children to address a need to stock our local food banks by collecting and donating canned food. Thank you to all those who have helped out so far; it is important work.

The second part of this campaign involves giving students the opportunity to collect canned food as well as candy when they treat-or-treat in the evening of October 31st. It is regarding this activity that I am writing to you today. In the afternoon of Thursday October 31st, Mr. Hagkull and I will be escorting all grade 5/6 students around our immediate community – the streets around the school. We will be dropping flyers off in mailboxes and talking to any community members we see in passing about We Scare Hunger. The flyers will inform the community that students may be asking for canned food items as well as candy on Halloween.

If you and your family are interested in participating in this worthwhile cause, you may drop by the school any time between 6:30-8:00pm, on Thursday evening, and drop off donated cans you have collect while out trick-or-treating. Staff, many of whom will be in costume, will provide donation tables and a hot drink to warm you up.
If you have any additional questions, then please give me a call at the school at 604.792.8537 or email me at christopher_lister@sd33.bc.ca.

Respectfully,
Christopher Lister
Central Elementary Community School