Chad Eros stopped by the school today to present the BC Conservative Party platform to our students. Below is a video of the presentation along with 10 facts on why students should vote Conservative on student vote day, May 13th.
1. Smaller government
2. No to the incinerator – wants to build gasification plant but this is more expensive
3. To reduce BC ecological footprint will creative environment where researchers, inventors and scientist can help solve environmental problems
4. Create more jobs for younger people
5. Believe in lower taxes – this will help reduce poverty
6. Wants to make college and university more affordable and accessible
7. If elected wants to make BC a place where families want to live
8. Wants to remove property transfer tax. This tax stops some people from owning a home.
9. Pipeline issue – we need to be reasonable. We need to continue to buy oil from Alberta.
10. Will spend more money on frontline healthcare workers (doctors and nurses) instead of administrators and desk-work
On Monday May 13th you will be joining tens of thousands of students by voting in Student Vote’s 2013 Student Provincial Election and by doing so choose a new leader of British Columbia. The student election run by Student Vote simulates what it would be like to participate in a real election.
Remember it’s your Right and your Responsibility to vote! Let your voice be heard and have your say!
The school is located in the Chilliwack electoral riding. Below is a map of British Columbia broken up into small, more managable, areas called ridings