Patti MacAhonic stopped by the school today to present the BC NDP platform to our students. Below is a video of the presentation along with 10 facts on why students should vote NDP on student Vote day, May 13th.
1. Increase funding for schools – teachers, support staff and technology
2. No to oil ports on the BC Coast
3. Create resources and specific funding for anti-bullying campaigns
4. Put more money into trades and apprenticeship programs
5. Reduce poverty – more affordable daycare, increase taxes for higher earners over 150 000 per year
6. Increase carbon tax and use that money to invest in alternatie forms of energy
7. Preserve First Nations languages
8. Create new farming programs and open up new land for food production
9. Chilliwack needs safe water and is willing to talk further if elected
10. Against waste to energy incinerator – they would support it however the Fraser Valley Regional District said it would be okay and met all necessary standards
On Monday May 13th you will be joining tens of thousands of students by voting in Student Vote’s 2013 Student Provincial Election and by doing so choose a new leader of British Columbia. The student election run by Student Vote simulates what it would be like to participate in a real election.
Remember it’s your Right and your Responsibility to vote! Let your voice be heard and have your say!
The school is located in the Chilliwack electoral riding. Below is a map of British Columbia broken up into small, more managable, areas called ridings