Leader of the BC Excalibur Party, Michael Halliday, stopped by the school today to present his platform to our students. Below is a video of the presentation along with 10 facts on why students should vote for the Excalibur Party on Student Vote day, May 13th.
1. Create Rail Transit between Abbotsford, Mission, Chilliwack and Hope
2. Remove the PST from used items, to encourage Re-use and Re-cycle
3. Use the Carbon Tax for what it was meant – providing revenue for Alternative Energy and clean air projects
4. No Incinerator – use landfills to develop alternate fuel source projects
5. Defend our Water from Environmentally harmful exploitation
6. Respect for the concerns of local communities
7. Elementary, Middle and High School classes alike should be supplied with regular teacher’s aides to help teachers monitor classroom activity
8. With prizes of money and environmentally friendly products the BC Green Lottery will work towards encouraging, developing and funding environmental education, protection and preservation projects from its profits
9. Cover medical bills for approved alternate medical care, such as naturopathy, homeopathy, chiropractors, Chinese medicine, holistic herbalism etc., as well as treatments
10. BC residents participating in self-employment training through a government programme should receive $500.00 to $1,000.00 set-up money after graduation from their course and should be eligible for a 6 month extension of government payments.
Chad Eros stopped by the school today to present the BC Conservative Party platform to our students. Below is a video of the presentation along with 10 facts on why students should vote Conservative on student vote day, May 13th.
1. Smaller government
2. No to the incinerator – wants to build gasification plant but this is more expensive
3. To reduce BC ecological footprint will creative environment where researchers, inventors and scientist can help solve environmental problems
4. Create more jobs for younger people
5. Believe in lower taxes – this will help reduce poverty
6. Wants to make college and university more affordable and accessible
7. If elected wants to make BC a place where families want to live
8. Wants to remove property transfer tax. This tax stops some people from owning a home.
9. Pipeline issue – we need to be reasonable. We need to continue to buy oil from Alberta.
10. Will spend more money on frontline healthcare workers (doctors and nurses) instead of administrators and desk-work
John Martin stopped by the school today to present the BC Liberal Party platform to our students. Below is a video of the presentation along with 9 facts on why students should vote for the Liberal on student vote day, May 13th.
1. Reduce British Columbia’s debt
2. No to the incinerator
3. Is for the pipeline from Alberta to BC but with safety conditions in place first
4. Wants to see results rather than just pumping extra money into healthcare
5. Slowly increase the cost of higher education – college/university
6. Aboriginal communities need to be consulted before before pipeline decisions are finalized
On Monday May 13th you will be joining tens of thousands of students by voting in Student Vote’s 2013 Student Provincial Election and by doing so choose a new leader of British Columbia. The student election run by Student Vote simulates what it would be like to participate in a real election.
Remember it’s your Right and your Responsibility to vote! Let your voice be heard and have your say!
The school is located in the Chilliwack electoral riding. Below is a map of British Columbia broken up into small, more managable, areas called ridings